Massa Leaves Ferrari

Today (10th September 2013) Felipe Massa has announced via Instagram and Twitter that he will be leaving Ferrari at the end of the current season.

He said:

“From 2014 I will no longer be driving for Ferrari,” Massa announced on Tuesday evening.

“I would like to thank the team for all the victories and incredible moments experienced together. Thank you also to my wife and all of my family, to my fans and all my sponsors.

“From each one of you I have always received a great support! Right now I want to push as hard as possible with Ferrari for the remaining 7 races. For next year, I want to find a team that can give me a competitive car to win many more races and challenge for the championship which remains my greatest objective! Thank you all.”

Massa leaving Ferrari has been the subject of many rumours for a good few years but speculation of Kimi Raikkonen taking his seat has intensified in the last couple of weeks.

In my thinking there are really only two options for Massa, a potential deal with Sauber as they will need someone with experience to partner their new young Russian driver; Or retirement from F1 as he wont bring the required funds to any other team.

When we look back on his career we will mostly remember the few seconds during which he was a world champion in 2008

Felipe's Instagram Post: http://instagram.com/p/eFyM4QHLf1/