Cost Cap Palans Shelved

In Bahrain the president of the FIA Jean Todt has confirmed that they have abandoned plans to bring in a cost cap for the sport in time for the  season and they will instead look to achieve cost saving through regulation changes.

He said "Most of the teams were in favour of the cost cap, but I understand that all the teams that are part of the Strategy Group a
re against it now, So clearly, if the commercial rights holder, and if six teams, which means 12 of 18 are against, I cannot impose it. It's mathematics. So in this case, no more cost cap."

He went on to say "Am I disappointed? In a way I am disappointed because it may be more difficult to achieve the reduction which I feel is needed. But everyone says we are all in favour of reducing the cost, and through sporting and technical regulations."